If you are an extreme crafter or obsessive decorator, who spends hundreds of dollars every year at Hobby Lobby then it might be wise for you to invest in the Hobby Lobby credit card. It is a Visa credit card ran through US Bank. You earn the following points each time you buy merchandise worldwide:
- 5 points per net $1 spent online at HobbyLobby.com or in all physical Hobby Lobby stores.¹
- 1 point per net $1 spent on purchases where Visa is accepted (which is most places).¹
- Plus, get 1,000 bonus points after your first purchase.²
In addition, you will get a $25 Hobby Lobby rewards gift card for every 2,500 points you earn on the credit card. So basically every $500 you spend at Hobby Lobby you will get a $25 gift card, which is the equivalent to a 5% savings.
The interest rate and yearly fee on the Hobby Lobby credit card, is comparable to similar cards and store offers. Out of all store offers I personally think that this one is average and that you can probably find better deals elsewhere. Also, the US Bank online platform that you use to pay your bills is mediocre.
As of September 2015, here are the terms and conditions for the card. Visit store for possible changes to this information.
We may change APRs, fees and other Account terms in the future based on your experience with U.S. Bank National Association and its affiliates as provided under the Cardmember Agreement and applicable law.
- Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns.
- To earn first use bonus, when you use your new Hobby Lobby Credit Card within 120 days of account open date. Account must be open & in good standing at the time of posting to receive bonus points. Points will appear as “First Use Bonus” in the Rewards section of your statement. Bonus Points will only be awarded to new accounts (existing accounts don’t qualify).
- Every 2,500 points earned will be redeemed for a $25 Hobby Lobby Rewards Card automatically mailed to the address provided on your application. Hobby Lobby Rewards Cards are not distributed at retail locations.
The creditor and issuer of the credit card is U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
Visit HobbyLobby.com to apply for this program and start earning free gift cards!